The most sickening and mushy day of the year is almost here, where couples everywhere declare their love for each other. But you're single, so does this mean you have to stay in and hide under the covers? No!!
Here are some suggestions of what to do on Valentines Day if you're single....
- Spend the night with your crush. Whether it's George Clooney, johnny Depp or Brad Pitt (for me it's Jared Padalecki), rent their movies and treat yourself to your favorite eye candy.
- Exchange gifts with friends. Buy your single friend a valentine present, cute teddy or pair fluffy handcuffs and have a valentines with your friends.
- Hit the town! Get your unattached friends and go out. Plenty of bars and clubs have events for single people on Valentines, so have fun!
- Treat yourself. You don’t have to spend your hard earned cash on a guy, so spend it on yourself, with a manicure or new pair of shoes.
- Go on a date. Just because you're single doesn’t mean you cant get a girlfriend or platonic male friend and recreate a date, with dinner and a movie.
- Party! If you cant be bothered to see all the loved up couples everywhere, then stay in and throw a party for all your unattached friends.
- Buy yourself a box of chocolates and indulge with a bubble bath and bottle of bubbly.
And remember to think how lucky you are for not having to go buy all the commercial heart and cherub shaped goods that shops force non singles to buy at this time of year!