As the weekend draws closer and the cold freezing nights get more annoying, here's a few simple ideas as to where to go on a date so you don't give each other cabin fever and can still enjoy spending time together.
- German Markets - if you're bored of Xmas shopping on Saturday afternoons then try snapping up festive goodies with warm mulled wine and fresh giant pretzels, as it really offers the feel good factor this winter. Go to http://www.christmasmarkets.com/ to find the nearest to you.
- Outdoor Skating - a cliche and a classic and we've all seen it on the films when it comes to romantic dates and if you both fall over then at least you're out having fun too. www.enjoyengland.com/attractions/events and go to December Skating.
- Beer Festivals - this one is not just for the boys and it will certainly give you the winter warmer you both need and add a little variety to your normal date night . www.beerintheevening.com/beer/festivals
- Hotel Room - Before the Xmas run really kicks in, why not escape from it all with a quiet and cheap hotel for the night. It could be just what you both need to get away from it all and keep the romance ignited. http://www.laterooms.com/ offer good last mintue and cheap deals.
- Shopping - There's something romantic about wrapping up and walking around the shops together holding hands, with all the Xmas lights and festive windows and cheer. Leeds and York are great places to visit this winter.
- Grab a Coffee - shake off the cobwebs of being stuck indoors by going out and grabbing a coffee together. It's the perfect way to chat and warm up. http://www.cosycoffeeshops.co.uk/